Studio showcases student, teacher works
July 25, 2013
STUDENT & TEACHER SHOW PARTICIPANTS:
Mary Helen Fein
Crystal Prima Lang
The Artists' Studio in the Foothills will host its Summer 2013 Open House Event, featuring a gallery show representing more than 70 students and their teachers, open studios and interactive demonstrations and presentations throughout the day from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. This event highlights the center's upcoming programs and offers a sampling of upcoming classes, workshops, art camps and mentoring opportunities for students of all ages. This is a family friendly event, and the studio encourages visitors to bring the kids and roll up their sleeves for interactive art activities.
Come visit ASiF and venture into the creative spaces of more than 25 resident artists. Visit the community classrooms and private and shared studio spaces of Michael Angell, Franceska Alexander, Rebecca Bleau, Eileen Blodgett, Deborah Bridges, Odette Brush, Phil Brown, Roseanne Burke, Claudia Jeffers, Barbara Harris, Sally Herring, Claudia Jeffers, Kris Johnson, Jill Mahanna, Susan Michalski, Vicki Parker, Jean Patterson, Lin Schiffner, Robin Wallace, Joanne Wohlfeld, Denise Wey and Kathryn Wronski.
The 2013 Student and Teacher Show will feature adult and children's student art works from paper mache to fine ceramic sculpture, functional wheel thrown and hand-built ceramics, mosaics, acrylics, oil and pastel paintings, printmaking and jewelry. The art will be on display through Aug. 31. Though only some of the art will be for sale, all of the works are a testament to the high-quality fine art instruction offered by the center's resident instructors.
The Student and Teacher Show reception for the artists will be celebrated at the center's Summer Open House event.
ASiF Open House Demonstration Schedule…
11 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Figure Sculpture & Clay Handbuilding with Claudia Jeffers
11 – 11:30 a.m.: Kids Acrylic Painting with Vicki Parker
Noon – 3 p.m.: Sacred Geometry with Mathematical School of Art & Design
Noon -1 p.m.: Encaustic Painting with Deborah Bridges
1 -2 p.m.: Abstract Painting with Lil McGill – Demo and free classs.
1 -3 p.m.: Printmaking with Eileen Blodgett and the Pressto Group
3 – 4 p.m.: Pottery/Wheel Throwing with Larry Ortiz
ASiF Studios is located at 940 Idaho-Maryland Road in Grass Valley.
For information about ASiF or the Summer Open House, visit http://asifstudios.com/
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance