State Theatre to screen award-winning film
April 18, 2013
The Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center will present "Buck," the Sundance Film Festival award-winning documentary, at 7 p.m. April 25 at Auburn's historic State Theatre.
"Buck" follows famous real-life "horse-whisperer" Buck Brannaman from his abusive childhood to his phenomenally successful career as a horse-handler and trainer. Buck possesses near magical abilities as he dramatically transforms horses — and people — with his understanding, compassion and respect. In this film, the animal-human relationship becomes a metaphor for facing the daily challenges of life. A truly American story about an unsung hero and one of the most successful documentaries of the year, "Buck" tells the story of an ordinary man who has made an extraordinary life despite tremendous odds.
Tickets are $8 at the door, with a limited number of seats available for advance purchase online at http://livefromauburn.com or call the Box Office at 530-885-0156. The box office opens 90 minutes before show time for each performance.
"Your horse is a mirror to your soul, and sometimes you may not like what you see. Sometimes, you will." Buck Brannaman
For a full schedule of upcoming films at the State Theatre, go to http://livefromauburn.com
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- NCTV Talk: Thru the Lens gala set for Del Oro Theatre
- Summer movies for kids begins June 14 at Del Oro Theatre in Grass Valley
- Bow-Tie Beauties Uncensored: Burlesque show at Miners Foundry
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County