Spring jazz series continues today
May 17, 2013
Sierra Jazz Society will present the next concert in its spring series at 2 p.m. today.
The performance will feature Bill Douglass on bass, Jim Trefethen on sax, Al Bent on trombone and Karl Chelette on drums. Come hear tunes from the great American songbook. They will fill the room with familiar music, then take it to the next level through improvisation. There will be complimentary coffee and cookies.
Tickets are $20 and will be available at the door or online at http://www.sierrajazzsociety.com/payment.html. Children under 18 are free.
The Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains is at 246 S. Church St., Grass Valley. For more information, email Bill@sierrajazzsociety.com or 273-5489.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)