Spring jazz series continues today
May 17, 2013
Sierra Jazz Society will present the next concert in its spring series at 2 p.m. today.
The performance will feature Bill Douglass on bass, Jim Trefethen on sax, Al Bent on trombone and Karl Chelette on drums. Come hear tunes from the great American songbook. They will fill the room with familiar music, then take it to the next level through improvisation. There will be complimentary coffee and cookies.
Tickets are $20 and will be available at the door or online at http://www.sierrajazzsociety.com/payment.html. Children under 18 are free.
The Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains is at 246 S. Church St., Grass Valley. For more information, email Bill@sierrajazzsociety.com or 273-5489.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Blues Fusion dance welcomes live music Friday night
- ‘Tiny House, Big Living’ show looking for cast members on HGTV
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana