Special needs cat in need of new home
October 23, 2012
AnimalSave is seeking a home for Mazey Munchkin. She is a tortoiseshell Manx, about 1 year old. The staff describes her as relaxed, loving, talkative, intelligent, curious and very playful. She gets along well with other cats and kittens and loves to play with mice and other toys.
Mazey has a condition known as Manx Syndrome — a congenital defect. Because the spine in a Manx cat is curved and shortened, the nerves and muscles that control elimination do no work as well as they should. This varies in severity from no problems to serious. Her condition is considered mild to moderate. While she makes every effort to use the litter box, she is prone to accidents, according to AnimalSave.
Mazie has been at AnimalSave since April.
For information about Mazey, visit http://www.animalsave.org, or call (530) 271-7071.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Rethinking the lawn
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance