Special needs cat in need of new home
October 23, 2012
AnimalSave is seeking a home for Mazey Munchkin. She is a tortoiseshell Manx, about 1 year old. The staff describes her as relaxed, loving, talkative, intelligent, curious and very playful. She gets along well with other cats and kittens and loves to play with mice and other toys.
Mazey has a condition known as Manx Syndrome — a congenital defect. Because the spine in a Manx cat is curved and shortened, the nerves and muscles that control elimination do no work as well as they should. This varies in severity from no problems to serious. Her condition is considered mild to moderate. While she makes every effort to use the litter box, she is prone to accidents, according to AnimalSave.
Mazie has been at AnimalSave since April.
For information about Mazey, visit http://www.animalsave.org, or call (530) 271-7071.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth