Sounds of old Mexico at Old 5Mile Friday
October 16, 2012
Terra Madre will perform from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Old 5Mile House in Nevada City. The group of Rosemary Freeland, Eah Herren, Bob Polucha and Teresita Juarez Lyon perform ballads, indigenous Mexician rythyms and classic favorites.
Juarez Lyon started out seven years ago singing solo at Amigo's & Co., later joined by Freeland on violin. Most recently the group added Herren on harp, and Polucha on mandolin.
They have enjoyed bringing the beauty of Mexican and Spanish music to patrons of Amigos, Dos Banditos, Marias, Diegos, The Old 5Mile House, Gold County Community Center, as well as various benefits and private gatherings.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit