Sounds of old Mexico at Old 5Mile Friday
October 16, 2012
Terra Madre will perform from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Old 5Mile House in Nevada City. The group of Rosemary Freeland, Eah Herren, Bob Polucha and Teresita Juarez Lyon perform ballads, indigenous Mexician rythyms and classic favorites.
Juarez Lyon started out seven years ago singing solo at Amigo’s & Co., later joined by Freeland on violin. Most recently the group added Herren on harp, and Polucha on mandolin.
They have enjoyed bringing the beauty of Mexican and Spanish music to patrons of Amigos, Dos Banditos, Marias, Diegos, The Old 5Mile House, Gold County Community Center, as well as various benefits and private gatherings.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit