Sounds of old Mexico at Old 5Mile Friday
October 16, 2012
Terra Madre will perform from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Old 5Mile House in Nevada City. The group of Rosemary Freeland, Eah Herren, Bob Polucha and Teresita Juarez Lyon perform ballads, indigenous Mexician rythyms and classic favorites.
Juarez Lyon started out seven years ago singing solo at Amigo's & Co., later joined by Freeland on violin. Most recently the group added Herren on harp, and Polucha on mandolin.
They have enjoyed bringing the beauty of Mexican and Spanish music to patrons of Amigos, Dos Banditos, Marias, Diegos, The Old 5Mile House, Gold County Community Center, as well as various benefits and private gatherings.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Strawberry Music Festival returns with stellar line-up
- PG&E offers debris removal in tree death crisis
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier