Sounds of old Mexico at Old 5Mile Friday
October 16, 2012
Terra Madre will perform from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Old 5Mile House in Nevada City. The group of Rosemary Freeland, Eah Herren, Bob Polucha and Teresita Juarez Lyon perform ballads, indigenous Mexician rythyms and classic favorites.
Juarez Lyon started out seven years ago singing solo at Amigo's & Co., later joined by Freeland on violin. Most recently the group added Herren on harp, and Polucha on mandolin.
They have enjoyed bringing the beauty of Mexican and Spanish music to patrons of Amigos, Dos Banditos, Marias, Diegos, The Old 5Mile House, Gold County Community Center, as well as various benefits and private gatherings.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial