Sorcerers of Doom devastate on West Coast tour
September 13, 2012
The Pesanta Urfolk presents an evening of funeral doom and blackened folk metal at the Stonehouse in Nevada City.
Following a tour of the West Coast at the end of 2011, including a performance at Rites of Darkness III, Australia's epic doom sorcerers Mournful Congregation will return to the States in the weeks ahead, including the Nevada City stop on Tuesday. Mournful Congregation, a Funeral Doom alias from Australia is joined by Velnias, a blackened folk doom congregate from Colorado.
One special night of international renowned talent culminates at the Stonehouse, as part of the after-party for Stella Natura Festival in Soda Spring. Tickets are $5 at the door; Stella Natura ticket holders will receive a $3 door price. Doors open at 8 p.m. with music beginning around 9.
Part of their 11-date tour includes a performance at Stella Natura, a three-day fest in the wilderness of Sierra Nevada's Tahoe National Forest, including Aerial Ruin, Aluk Todolo, Ash Borer, Blood Axis, Sabbath Assembly, Sutekh Hexen, Waldteufel, Wolvserpent and dozens of other acts.
The Adelaide-based Mournful Congregation will be joined by Colorado blackened doom act Velnias as direct support for all dates, and Tim Call from Aldebaran will be sitting in on drums for MC on this tour.
Mournful Congregation members include Damon Good (vocals, guitars), Adrian Bickle (drums), Justin Hartwig (guitars) and Ben Newsome (bass).
Additionally, a limited-edition screen-printed tour poster with exclusive art by illustrator David D'Andrea will only be available at during their West Coast tour.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance