Songwriting competition put on by Nevada Union senior
April 18, 2013
Songwriting competition put on by NU senior
Attention Nevada County songwriters, a new competition Wednesday awards cash prizes for original songs and supports a Nevada Union High School student's senior project. Original songs voted best by the audience at the "Bust-A-Beat" Songwriter's Showdown Competition from 7 to 11 p.m. Wednesday at the Stonehouse in Nevada City.
This competition is designed to showcase the songwriters from in and around Nevada County and give them accolades for not only being a musician but writing their own tunes. Competitors are encouraged to bring their friends, family, and strangers, as voting ballots will be issued to the audience upon entry. So every guest counts! There, of course, will be music, food, games, raffle prizes and more. Tickets are only $3 in advance and $5 at the door and include one free raffle ticket, three free game tickets and three voting ballots. First-, second- and third-place cash prizes will be awarded, so don't miss your chance! Text your full name and original song title to 909-556-2097 to sign up your song for free. Bring your own instruments.
— Special to Prospector
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local