Sierranaders perform after contest nod
April 18, 2013
The Sierranaders barbershop chorus returned jubilant from Lodi last week, from a Far Western District divisional contest. They were elated to receive the "most improved chorus" award, and place second in their plateau of their division. Now all their energy will shift to prepare for their upcoming spring show, "Celebrate Harmony," to take place at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Bear River High School auditorium. Tickets are available for $15 adults, $10 students; children 12 and under free with adult supervision.
Along with the chorus and chapter quartets, they will have a guest quartet, Artistic License, a district gold medal-winning quartet.
The show will also celebrate the 30th anniversary for the group and the 75th year for the Barbershop Harmony Society, the world's largest all-male a cappella singing group.
Any men who love to sing are invited to come sing with the group, music and training will be provided. Ability to read music is not required.
While guests are always invited, the group will host a special guest night Tuesday with a special guest program, coffee and goodies.
For show or chorus information, call Clifford Johnson, public relations, at 530-346-2757, Roger Perkins, Director, at 530-823-0339 or visit their website at http://sierranaders.org
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)