Sierra TrailBlazers offer free clinic to train for 5, 10k races
March 28, 2013
The Sierra TrailBlazers Running/Walking Club's mission is to promote and encourage walking, jogging and running as a healthy activity to include in busy schedules.
The club is offering a free clinic to help train for a 5K (3.1 miles) or 10K (6.2 miles) walk or run.
From high school students to adults, this program is designed with the beginner in mind, or as refresher for those getting back into the sport.
No prior experience is required.
Beginning at 6 p.m. Monday, the local running store, Trkac, will sponsor an inspirational 'Kickoff Night' where the club will explain all the basics. Learn about proper clothing, the benefits of good shoes, fueling, hydration and more, to get you started off right and prepare you for a successful training experience.
Trkac is located in the Kmart Shopping Center.
The following week, at 6 p.m. April 1st, the eight-week program will start at the Nevada Union High School track.
The club will provide trainers and individualized programs tailored to your own personal needs. They will be there for you every step of the way.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City