Sierra TrailBlazers offer free clinic to train for 5, 10k races
March 28, 2013
The Sierra TrailBlazers Running/Walking Club’s mission is to promote and encourage walking, jogging and running as a healthy activity to include in busy schedules.
The club is offering a free clinic to help train for a 5K (3.1 miles) or 10K (6.2 miles) walk or run.
From high school students to adults, this program is designed with the beginner in mind, or as refresher for those getting back into the sport.
No prior experience is required.
Beginning at 6 p.m. Monday, the local running store, Trkac, will sponsor an inspirational ‘Kickoff Night’ where the club will explain all the basics. Learn about proper clothing, the benefits of good shoes, fueling, hydration and more, to get you started off right and prepare you for a successful training experience.
Trkac is located in the Kmart Shopping Center.
The following week, at 6 p.m. April 1st, the eight-week program will start at the Nevada Union High School track.
The club will provide trainers and individualized programs tailored to your own personal needs. They will be there for you every step of the way.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit