Sierra Jazz Society performs its final spring concert Friday
June 18, 2013
Sierra Jazz Society will presents its final spring concert at 7 p.m. Friday at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains.
Faculty and students of Sierra Jazz Society present the music from the Great American Songbook and more. Bill Douglass on bass leads the local Sierra Jazz Society faculty; Nora Nausbaum, flute; John Girton, guitar; Kit Bailey, drums; and selected students in the completion of its spring concert series.
Tickets are $20 and include complimentary coffee and cookies. Those 18 years and under are free. For information or to get advance tickets, go to http://sierrajazzsociety.com/payment.html.
The venue is located at 246 S. Church St. in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball