Sierra Jazz kicks off winter concert series
November 22, 2012
Sierra Jazz Society announces the first of its Winter Concert Series. "A Galaxy of Great Sounds" is at 2 p.m. Saturday. The performance will feature the Sierra Jazz Society rhythm section of Bill Douglass on bass, John Girton on guitar, Kit Bailey on drums, Al Bent on trombone and Nora Nausbaum on alto flute. They will be accompanied by students Morgan Halperin on clarinet, Julia Glasse on vocals, Jaya Perryman on guitar and Emmett Miller on piano.
Saturday's concert is at the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Mountains at 246 S. Church St. in Grass Valley. Tickets are $20 for general admission, $10 for those under 12 years or $50 for all three concerts in the series. Subsequent performances are Dec. 22 and Jan. 19. Snacks and beverages will be available.
For information, go to http://www.sierrajazzsociety.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations