Sierra Jazz kicks off winter concert series
November 22, 2012
Sierra Jazz Society announces the first of its Winter Concert Series. "A Galaxy of Great Sounds" is at 2 p.m. Saturday. The performance will feature the Sierra Jazz Society rhythm section of Bill Douglass on bass, John Girton on guitar, Kit Bailey on drums, Al Bent on trombone and Nora Nausbaum on alto flute. They will be accompanied by students Morgan Halperin on clarinet, Julia Glasse on vocals, Jaya Perryman on guitar and Emmett Miller on piano.
Saturday's concert is at the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Mountains at 246 S. Church St. in Grass Valley. Tickets are $20 for general admission, $10 for those under 12 years or $50 for all three concerts in the series. Subsequent performances are Dec. 22 and Jan. 19. Snacks and beverages will be available.
For information, go to http://www.sierrajazzsociety.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Organic farming going strong with next generation at Bakbraken Acres
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed