Sierra Festival of the Arts returns to downtown Sunday
May 23, 2013
More than 40 artists from Grass Valley to Cool, Placerville to Sebastopol will exhibit at the annual Sierra Festival of the Arts from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday in downtown Grass Valley.
Artists such as Kathryn Wronski, Liz Collins and Kathryn Schoensee Finn,from Nevada County will feature their paintings alongside Lincoln photographer Patrick Osborne and Jane Kiskaddon from San Rafael in the casual, relaxed atmosphere of historic Grass Valley.
"This event is truly a symphony for the senses," said Grass Valley Downtown Association Executive Director Julia Jordan. "Not only will there be incredible gallery-quality art in a variety of media but also music from the Nevada Union Choir, dancers from Sierra Dance Institute and art projects for children 12 and under with the help of The Artist Workshop."
All downtown shops, restaurants and tasting rooms will be open throughout the event. Admission is free.
For a complete listing of Grass Valley downtown events, visit http://historicgrassvalley.com. The Grass Valley Downtown Association is a business improvement district funded through assessments from the businesses in the seven-block area located within the designated historic district of Grass Valley.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Common-cure ’70 Chevy C10 short-bed fleetside pickup
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- New classes starting at Fletcher’s Dance Hall in Nevada City
- Swan Central: Sacramento Valley rice fields offer best winter waterfowl viewing in state
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say