Sierra Festival of the Arts returns to downtown Sunday
May 23, 2013
More than 40 artists from Grass Valley to Cool, Placerville to Sebastopol will exhibit at the annual Sierra Festival of the Arts from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday in downtown Grass Valley.
Artists such as Kathryn Wronski, Liz Collins and Kathryn Schoensee Finn,from Nevada County will feature their paintings alongside Lincoln photographer Patrick Osborne and Jane Kiskaddon from San Rafael in the casual, relaxed atmosphere of historic Grass Valley.
"This event is truly a symphony for the senses," said Grass Valley Downtown Association Executive Director Julia Jordan. "Not only will there be incredible gallery-quality art in a variety of media but also music from the Nevada Union Choir, dancers from Sierra Dance Institute and art projects for children 12 and under with the help of The Artist Workshop."
All downtown shops, restaurants and tasting rooms will be open throughout the event. Admission is free.
For a complete listing of Grass Valley downtown events, visit http://historicgrassvalley.com. The Grass Valley Downtown Association is a business improvement district funded through assessments from the businesses in the seven-block area located within the designated historic district of Grass Valley.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say