Sierra Festival of the Arts returns to downtown Sunday
May 23, 2013
More than 40 artists from Grass Valley to Cool, Placerville to Sebastopol will exhibit at the annual Sierra Festival of the Arts from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday in downtown Grass Valley.
Artists such as Kathryn Wronski, Liz Collins and Kathryn Schoensee Finn,from Nevada County will feature their paintings alongside Lincoln photographer Patrick Osborne and Jane Kiskaddon from San Rafael in the casual, relaxed atmosphere of historic Grass Valley.
"This event is truly a symphony for the senses," said Grass Valley Downtown Association Executive Director Julia Jordan. "Not only will there be incredible gallery-quality art in a variety of media but also music from the Nevada Union Choir, dancers from Sierra Dance Institute and art projects for children 12 and under with the help of The Artist Workshop."
All downtown shops, restaurants and tasting rooms will be open throughout the event. Admission is free.
For a complete listing of Grass Valley downtown events, visit http://historicgrassvalley.com. The Grass Valley Downtown Association is a business improvement district funded through assessments from the businesses in the seven-block area located within the designated historic district of Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations