Shows celebrate 25 years of ‘Phantom of the Opera’
October 4, 2012
The Del Oro Theatre is pleased to bring the 25th anniversary of Andrew Lloyd Webber's history-making "The Phantom of the Opera" to the big screen this September. With a fully staged, lavish production, set in the sumptuous Victorian splendor of the Royal Albert Hall, this event has already captivated cinema audiences around the world. "The Phantom" plays Thursday, Sept. 20 at 7:15 p.m. and again Saturday, Sept. 22 at 10 a.m. at the Del Oro Theatre.
Phantom is Broadway's longest running show and has been seen by more than 100 million people worldwide. Captured live at London's Royal Albert Hall last year, this special cinema event features more than 200 cast members, orchestra musicians and luminaries involved with "The Phantom of the Opera" in the past 25 years.
The production is directed by Laurence Connor with musical staging and choreography based on the original London production directed by Hal Prince and choreography by Gillian Lynne.
Tickets can be purchased at the Del Oro Box Office or online at sierratheaters.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Bierwagen’s annual pumpkin patch brings families back out to the farm
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Haunted tours return to Grass Valley, Nevada City in October
- Artist Daniel Brooks reception Dec. 13 at Nevada City Winery
- Grass Valley haunted house a terrifying labor of love