Shoestring Trio swings by on West Coast tour
March 27, 2013
The Shoestring Trio is playing dates in California and Nevada in support of its recently released, self-titled debut, recorded live to one-inch tape in Los Angeles. The group makes a stop in Nevada City at 9:30 p.m. Thursday (March 21) at the Stonehouse.
Blending gypsy jazz, tango, samba and chanson, the Shoestring Trio evokes sunny afternoons in Paris, midnight parties in the Hollywood Hills and late mornings in the Swiss Alps.
The band features Michael Papillo (Jessica Fichot, Pink Martini) on double bass, Antoine Salem (Jessica Fichot, George Clinton) on acoustic guitar and shaker and Robby Marshall (Jessica Fichot, Michael Bublé, Trombone Shorty) on clarinet, tenor saxophone, flute and cajón.
The group met while playing in the band of the Los Angeles-based French-Chinese chanteuse Jessica Fichot. While bonding on the road playing Fichot's unique cross-cultural music, they developed a chemistry that led to the birth of Shoestring Trio, a side-project spawning a new repertoire and upcoming performances throughout the U.S. and Europe.
The musical triumvirate is celebrating this release with a number of March tour dates, starting with favorite California cities and venues before taking the show to Europe for the summer.
Armed with an array of strings and woodwinds, Shoestring Trio plays with a spontaneity and energy that's fun and should have wide appeal to adventurous music lovers across the globe.
The Stonehouse is located at 107 Sacramento St. For more about the band, visit http://shoestringtrio.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier