Shaking up Shakespeare: LeGacy comedy opens today
September 19, 2012
LeGacy Presents opens its latest production tonight as "The Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abridged)…Revised" hits the Off Center Stage in Grass Valley. The comedy is a parody of the plays written by William Shakespeare with all of them being performed (condensed) during the production by three actors, according to LeGacy.
The play was written by Adam Long, Daniel Singer and Jess Winfield. LeGacy's production is directed by Scott Ewing, who returns to his roots with this play. Ewing was part of the original production fresh out of college in the 1980s.
"The Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abridged)…Revised" stars Jay Barker, Trevor Wade and Jon Enos.
The production runs from today through Oct. 7 Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday matinees. Shows start at 7 p.m. Thursdays, 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday.
Tonight's performance will benefit the Nevada Union Theatrical Society.
Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 at the door and are for sale at Harmony Books, The Book Seller, BriarPatch Co-op and through the LeGacy Box Office at (530) 268-5419.
For information, go to http://www.legacypresents.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Blues Fusion dance welcomes live music Friday night
- ‘Tiny House, Big Living’ show looking for cast members on HGTV
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana