Shaking up Shakespeare: LeGacy comedy opens today
September 19, 2012
LeGacy Presents opens its latest production tonight as "The Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abridged)…Revised" hits the Off Center Stage in Grass Valley. The comedy is a parody of the plays written by William Shakespeare with all of them being performed (condensed) during the production by three actors, according to LeGacy.
The play was written by Adam Long, Daniel Singer and Jess Winfield. LeGacy's production is directed by Scott Ewing, who returns to his roots with this play. Ewing was part of the original production fresh out of college in the 1980s.
"The Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abridged)…Revised" stars Jay Barker, Trevor Wade and Jon Enos.
The production runs from today through Oct. 7 Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday matinees. Shows start at 7 p.m. Thursdays, 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday.
Tonight's performance will benefit the Nevada Union Theatrical Society.
Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 at the door and are for sale at Harmony Books, The Book Seller, BriarPatch Co-op and through the LeGacy Box Office at (530) 268-5419.
For information, go to http://www.legacypresents.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier