See Jane Do to host ‘ultimate play-date’
August 14, 2014
See Jane Do, the award winning multi-media production company that empowers everyday women to be heroes in their own lives, will host a Float and Giggle Party: A Day to Play featuring spiritual comedian Katie Rubin Sunday at Big Star Ranch in Nevada City.
"I like to refer to this event as the un-conference and the ultimate play-date for women," said Elisa Parker, creator of See Jane Do and host of the event. "We're tossing out the traditional conference model and providing an unstructured and creative environment for women. Game changers need to play too! In the midst of our everyday lives, we forget the importance of creating, playing and taking care of ourselves."
Float and Giggle is designed for women of all ages in our community to laugh out loud, be pampered and nurtured, play a game for the fun of it, unplug, celebrate their best self and just be.
Recent studies show that women tend to take less leisure time than men, especially those with younger children. According to the Captivate Network men are 25 percent more likely to take breaks throughout the day for personal activities.
"The Superwoman Syndrome isn't always so super," said Parker. "It's vital to our overall health and well-being that we take breaks more often. Play is an instrumental part in enhancing overall happiness, creativity, problem solving, relationship building and even productivity."
See Jane Do Float and Giggle will feature spiritual comedy with actress Katie Rubin.
Joining Katie Rubin on the main stage is Heather Donahue who will lead an interactive improv session along with Karin Day, Hula Hoop extraordinaire. For more giggles, members of the local youth empowerment organization, NEO will lead participants in other fun and games such as badminton, ping-pong, board games and other child-hood favorites.
Participants can also float their cares away at the Big Star Ranch swimming hole and hot tub, get a massage, partake in a pedicure, hang at the Beauty Bar for DIY organic facials, have your cards read or even pet a puppy. Ruth Chase Fine Art will offer creative exploration as well.
Items to bring to the event:
• Bathing Suit & Towel: If you want to swim, sunbathe on Big Star Ranch beach, soak in the hot tub.
• A dish to share for potluck: They will provide snow cone cocktails, wine and non-alcoholic beverages
• Low-back chair or picnic blanket
• Warm jacket
• Water Bottle
• Extra spending money for some of our pampering services (massage, pedicure, healing/intuitive session)
Children: Feel free to bring your daughter/s, granddaughter/s or niece (especially 10 years and older) or leave them at home and take some time for you. This event is for the young at heart.
Tickets are $20 for General Admission, $15 See Jane Do Sparkle Member, $30 Mother and Daughter or $10 Youth or Additional Daughter (10yrs-18yrs old) and free for See Jane Do Radiance or Brilliance Members.
Space is limited but some tickets will be available at the door. To purchase tickets online and for more information and program go to: http://www.seejanedo.com. For questions contact: email@example.com. Big Star Ranch is at 13440 Jones Bar Road, Nevada City, CA (do not use Google Maps).
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Strawberry Music Festival returns with stellar line-up
- PG&E offers debris removal in tree death crisis
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier