Seattle psych-rock group performs Monday
June 27, 2013
The Purrs, a whimsy Seattle psych-rock outfit, will perform from 6 to 9 p.m. Monday at The Stonehouse, located at 107 Sacramento Street, in downtown Nevada City.
The Big Takeover Magazine recently lauded the group as a "fuzz-pop Luna meets Lou Reed" conglomerate of "groove," the "sweet, up-tempo, drifting shoegaze" type. I
Their most recent album release, "The Boy With Astronaut Eyes," is The Purrs' seventh full-length, and follows as their 7" single from Fin Records.
The Purrs engage in multiple harmony vocals (from Jima, also on bass, and Liz Herrin, also on guitars). The dual guitars (Jason Milne and Herrin) shift from punk, to country, and to shoegaze, aided by a strong rhythm section with Craig Keller on drums.
For more about the performance, visit http://www.StoneHouseNC.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Local hip-hop act Secret Agent 23 Skidoo captures ‘Best Children’s Album’
- Denis Peirce: North Yuba River flow is slow, but faring better than other Sierra watersheds
- Early bird discount ends April 18 for Sacramento Music Festival
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Lifelong passion in the kitchen still going strong for Nana’s Bakery