Seattle psych-rock group performs Monday
June 27, 2013
The Purrs, a whimsy Seattle psych-rock outfit, will perform from 6 to 9 p.m. Monday at The Stonehouse, located at 107 Sacramento Street, in downtown Nevada City.
The Big Takeover Magazine recently lauded the group as a "fuzz-pop Luna meets Lou Reed" conglomerate of "groove," the "sweet, up-tempo, drifting shoegaze" type. I
Their most recent album release, "The Boy With Astronaut Eyes," is The Purrs' seventh full-length, and follows as their 7" single from Fin Records.
The Purrs engage in multiple harmony vocals (from Jima, also on bass, and Liz Herrin, also on guitars). The dual guitars (Jason Milne and Herrin) shift from punk, to country, and to shoegaze, aided by a strong rhythm section with Craig Keller on drums.
For more about the performance, visit http://www.StoneHouseNC.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball