Santana cover band set to play Old 5Mile Sunday
September 27, 2013
Chameleon, a Santana cover band, will perform from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the Old 5Mile House.
The group was formed in 2009 by lead guitarist Jim Thornton. Critical to its success was the development of the signature Santana lead guitar sound, memorable lead and group vocals, dynamic organ and keyboards, and — driving it all — the rhythm and percussion sections playing the complex and sensual Latin and African-based rhythms at the heart of Santana's music.
There is no cover charge and all ages are welcome. Reservations are encouraged.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance