Salon Series event to explore civic art
July 10, 2013
KNOW & GO:
WHO: Nevada County Arts presents
WHAT: NCArts Salon Series: Solomon Bassoff and Domenica Mottarella
WHEN: 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, July 9
WHERE: The Granucci Room at The Center for the Arts
TICKETS: In advance, $10 for NCArts members, $15 for non-members and free for students with valid ID. At the door, $15 for members, $20 for non-members. Can be purchased online at http://www.nevadacountyarts.org.
INFO: email Jude Bischoff at firstname.lastname@example.org
This summer, Nevada County Arts is presenting its Salon Series — a series of presentations by local professional artists who make their living in the world of art. These artists share the experiences that lead to their success and offer ideas and insights to help other artists achieve their goals.
This fourth Salon Series event features Solomon Bassoff and Domenica Mottarella, sculptors who work with cement and glass mosaic. They will discuss how they became successful civic artists, including:
• How to work with cities and institutions to get your public art projects funded
• How to use Kickstarter (online crowd sourcing) to raise funds for your project
• Where to find and how to compete for civic art projects in new buildings, parks, zoos, community centers, etc.
• How to put together a successful submission for your project
• How to inspire the community with your artwork and reap the rewards
Solomon and Domenica's work can be found in many cities, zoos, parks and playgrounds — as well as in numerous books and other publications. They believe that the best civic art forges a connection between people and their environment, and Solomon states, "Civic art communicates the ideals, dreams and goals of a community to those who experience it."
Their work can be viewed at http://faducci.com
Online registration for the 7 p.m. Tuesday presentation is available at http://nevadacountyarts.org and is only $10 for NCArts members, $15 for non-members, and is free for students with a valid student ID. Prices at the door will be $15 for NCArts members and $20 for non-members.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball