Roamin Angels cruise into Fairgrounds
September 5, 2013
This Saturday and Sunday, the Roamin Angels Car Club will host its 14th annual "Cruisin' the Pines" Car Show at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. More than 700 street rods, rat rods, customs and classic cars are expected to gather at the fairgrounds to show off their engines, paint jobs, custom bodywork and compete for more than 50 trophies. There will be auto-related vendors, a Car Corral of special-interest cars for sale, an Artisan's Faire, a car art exhibit and, of course, lots of food and drink, including beer and wine. The Buzzards Racing Team will have its cars out there, as well as the Sacramento State S.A.E. Racing Team.
There will be a Hot Wheels Gravity Drag Race for the kids, Kilroy's Klunker Contest and a chance to win $50,000 cash in the Safecracker Contest. On Saturday, there will be a pinstriping exhibition by some of the best with a brush and a chance to buy some of these items at the pinstriping auction. The Sneaky Tikis will provide some surfin' tunes Saturday morning, and Road Test returns again this year for a dance concert Saturday evening. There will truly be something for everyone. General admission tickets are $5 for adults, which covers both days, and children under 12 are admitted free. The fairground charges $5 for parking.
The Roamin Angels Car Club was started 51 years ago in Grass Valley by a group of guys who loved cars and working on them. They also love to share their enthusiasm for working on these cars with anyone who will listen to them. The Roamin Angels are a nonprofit organization and helps support many Nevada County organizations, including Boy Scouts of America, Bear River High School Band, Bear River and Nevada Union High School Grad Nights, The Friendship Club and the American Legion.
The Roamin Angels also adopt many needy families at Christmas through the Salvation Army, providing household goods as well as toy and clothes for children.
The show is open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
Visit http://roaminangels.com or call 866-432-8449 for information on the club and the Car Show.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance