Return of Bern
January 31, 2013
Singer/songwriter Dan Bern returns to The Center for the Arts for an intimate limited-seating concert Feb. 27 at the Off Center Stage.
Bern is best known as a prolific songwriter and electric performer who has released a dozen albums and has spent more than a decade appearing everywhere from coffee shops to Carnegie Hall.
Since 2007, Bern has focused much of his talent and sharp wit on writing songs for movies and other projects. He composed more than a dozen songs for the Jake Kasdan/Judd Apatow spoof-biopic "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story" and wrote the title song for Jonathan Demme's documentary, "Jimmy Carter: Man From Plains." Bern also composed songs that are included in the Judd Apatow film "Get Him to the Greek," and he has had songs featured on the CW show "Hellcats."
Since 2009, Bern has self-released two live albums, a children's album, "Two Feet Tall," his first studio album in six years, "Drifter," an album of baseball songs, "Doubleheader," and an album based on the writings of Everett Ruess, "Wilderness Song," which will serve as the soundtrack for a Jonathan Demme-produced documentary of the same name.
The show, at the Off Center Stage located behind The Center for the Arts, will be limited to 100 seats. Tickets are $22 for members, $25 for non-members and are available at The Center Box Office, 530-274-8384, ext. 14, BriarPatch Co-op or online at http://www.thecenterforthearts.org. The Off Center Stage is located at 315 Richardson St. in Grass Valley.
For information, go to http://thecenterforthearts.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier