Reception for Sierra College student portrait exhibition
June 18, 2013
An exhibition of portrait works by Sierra College Art 52 students will be at the Center for the Arts in Grass Valley from June 10 until July 1. The artists reception will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday (June 13). Visitors to the Thursday night Farmers Market are encouraged to stop by this free event and enjoy the art and refreshments.
The portraits featured were done in a variety of mediums, including charcoal, pencil, pastel, graphite crayon, acrylic, oils and mixed media. Students in Art 52 learn a variety of techniques, explore different mediums and styles and develop skills in proportion, value, composition and artistic self-expression.
The event will include works by student exhibitors Craig Davis, Elaine Gremme, Kirk Grameku, Dani Grimes, Linda Hartman, Will Hoff, Cheryl Innocenti, Rita Jones, Carol James, Susan McCord, Kathleen Newland, Merilyn Nygren, Thomas Reckert, Ariana Szymanski and Veronica Volek. The portrait class is instructed by Lew Toll.
The Center for the Arts is located at 314 W. Main St. in Grass Valley. For information, contact Lew Toll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- NCTV Talk: Thru the Lens gala set for Del Oro Theatre
- Summer movies for kids begins June 14 at Del Oro Theatre in Grass Valley
- Bow-Tie Beauties Uncensored: Burlesque show at Miners Foundry
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County