Reception for Sierra College student portrait exhibition
June 18, 2013
An exhibition of portrait works by Sierra College Art 52 students will be at the Center for the Arts in Grass Valley from June 10 until July 1. The artists reception will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday (June 13). Visitors to the Thursday night Farmers Market are encouraged to stop by this free event and enjoy the art and refreshments.
The portraits featured were done in a variety of mediums, including charcoal, pencil, pastel, graphite crayon, acrylic, oils and mixed media. Students in Art 52 learn a variety of techniques, explore different mediums and styles and develop skills in proportion, value, composition and artistic self-expression.
The event will include works by student exhibitors Craig Davis, Elaine Gremme, Kirk Grameku, Dani Grimes, Linda Hartman, Will Hoff, Cheryl Innocenti, Rita Jones, Carol James, Susan McCord, Kathleen Newland, Merilyn Nygren, Thomas Reckert, Ariana Szymanski and Veronica Volek. The portrait class is instructed by Lew Toll.
The Center for the Arts is located at 314 W. Main St. in Grass Valley. For information, contact Lew Toll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death