Put passion into action with art
March 21, 2013
WHO: Local Artist Franceska Alexander
Elisa Parker of See Jane Do
WHAT: Follow Your Art with Passion Into Action:
a New Series of Paintings from Franceska Alexander
and the community work of Elisa Parker
WHEN: Reception: 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 21
Where: The Organic Grill at California Organics
135 Argall Way, Nevada City
TICKETS: Free to the public
The public is invited to attend an art show and reception with local artist Franceska Alexander and community radio broadcaster Elisa Parker to experience the "Passions" of a new series of paintings and the work of See Jane Do at the Organic Grill in the Seven Hills Business District of Nevada City titled "Follow Your Art with Passion Into Action" from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday (March 21).
"This new series of paintings was created with a variety of mediums and techniques," said Alexander, a recent MFA graduate from the Creative Inquiry and Interdisciplinary Studies program at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco. "I utilized what I call 'engaged lucid dreaming' and 'intentional creativity' in creating these simple yet symbolic images. The experience has been a wonderful journey of inquiry and exploration!"
Eliza Parker of See Jane Do — the award-winning KVMR 89.5FM radio show — works to support the Passion Into Action Conference, a diverse array of community-supporting events, programs and soirees to help turn passions into actions. Ten percent of art sales sold Thursday, including those at the reception will go toward scholarship awards for See Jane Do Passion into Action programs.
John DeMarco and Tenzin Kalden will also be playing their instrumental music during the reception.
The exhibit continues until April 15 and is open for viewing during restaurant hours 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday for brunch. The Organic Grill at California Organics is located at 135 Argall Way, Nevada City. For information, call 530-265-9392 or go to htp://californiaorganics.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Rethinking the lawn
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum