Political film, discussion on Koch brothers Sunday
October 26, 2012
Second Sunday Cinema presents "The Koch Brothers Exposed." The new full-length documentary depicts how the super-PACs are being funded due to the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United.
According to the film, the Koch brothers, Charles and David Koch, are using their billions to put a stranglehold on American democracy and don't just spend on luxury homes and boats. They've been using their wealth to shut out the voices of the American people — pledging to spend at least $100 million on the 2012 elections.
According to the documentary, the Koch brothers don't oppose big government as such, they oppose government period — including taxes, environmental protections, safety-net programs, social security and public education.
Robert Greenwald's film, "Koch Brothers Exposed," will be shown at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Unitarian Universalists Community of the Mountains, 246 Church St., in Grass Valley. Watch the film and stay for the lively facilitated discussion. Popcorn and refreshments will be available. For information, contact the Peace Center at (530) 265-0200 or visit the Peace Center's website at ncpeace.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball