Political film, discussion on Koch brothers Sunday
October 26, 2012
Second Sunday Cinema presents "The Koch Brothers Exposed." The new full-length documentary depicts how the super-PACs are being funded due to the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United.
According to the film, the Koch brothers, Charles and David Koch, are using their billions to put a stranglehold on American democracy and don't just spend on luxury homes and boats. They've been using their wealth to shut out the voices of the American people — pledging to spend at least $100 million on the 2012 elections.
According to the documentary, the Koch brothers don't oppose big government as such, they oppose government period — including taxes, environmental protections, safety-net programs, social security and public education.
Robert Greenwald's film, "Koch Brothers Exposed," will be shown at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Unitarian Universalists Community of the Mountains, 246 Church St., in Grass Valley. Watch the film and stay for the lively facilitated discussion. Popcorn and refreshments will be available. For information, contact the Peace Center at (530) 265-0200 or visit the Peace Center's website at ncpeace.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local