Poetry reading at Curly Wolf Wednesday
April 11, 2013
In celebration of National Poetry Month, April showers, great coffee and wolves (curly or straight, women who run with or from, big and bad, et al.), Molly Fisk, Judie Rae, and Judy Crowe will read their poems and dispense poetic and caffeinated wisdom at Curly Wolf Espresso House in Nevada City at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Molly Fisk said lattes are one of the four food groups (decaf, soy, almond milk, quintuple shot, what have you …). Judie Rae said it's good policy to have a collection of little-known facts on hand for when the conversation lags; for instance, it's possible to contract leprosy from an armadillo. Judy Crowe said the answers to all of life's questions can be found in the DNA of lilacs.
Everyone is invited to come early, settle in with a Flat White, a Black Wolf or a Lavender Latte and enjoy!
The Curly Wolf Espresso House is at 217 Broad St., Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house