Poetry reading at Curly Wolf Wednesday
April 11, 2013
In celebration of National Poetry Month, April showers, great coffee and wolves (curly or straight, women who run with or from, big and bad, et al.), Molly Fisk, Judie Rae, and Judy Crowe will read their poems and dispense poetic and caffeinated wisdom at Curly Wolf Espresso House in Nevada City at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Molly Fisk said lattes are one of the four food groups (decaf, soy, almond milk, quintuple shot, what have you …). Judie Rae said it's good policy to have a collection of little-known facts on hand for when the conversation lags; for instance, it's possible to contract leprosy from an armadillo. Judy Crowe said the answers to all of life's questions can be found in the DNA of lilacs.
Everyone is invited to come early, settle in with a Flat White, a Black Wolf or a Lavender Latte and enjoy!
The Curly Wolf Espresso House is at 217 Broad St., Nevada City.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Rethinking the lawn
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public