Plein air painters’ reception Saturday for ‘Sierra Scapes’
November 21, 2013
The Nevada County Plein Air Painters have their 10th annual group show at the Center for the Arts, now through Dec. 9. The show features landscape paintings by approximately 15-20 artists.
Plein air painting means the artists paint outside on location like Claude Monet and the other French impressionists did more than 100 years ago.
"We can go in any direction and find beautiful scenery to paint, whether it's the Sierra Buttes, Hope Valley, or Napa, not to mention the lovely scenes to paint right here in Nevada County. We will never run out of things to paint," said Jane Welles, co-founder of the group.
The public is invited to attend a reception for the artists from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday. Artists will be on hand to talk about their work. Some participating artists are Warren Knox, Sandy DeLong, Sandy Lindblad, Susan Moreno, Patty Sussberg, Linda Roemisch, Daniel Peck, Wendy Teichert, Sheryl Rivera, Laurie Moore, and Jane Welles. The NCPAP meets at 6 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at BriarPatch Co-op for informal critiques. Artists who like to paint outside are welcome to join the group. For more information, call 265-6889 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)