Pegi Young to perform in Nevada City Saturday
July 17, 2014
Singer-Songwriter and wife of Neil Young, Pegi Young is set to take the stage Saturday with her band the Survivors at The Stonehouse.
The well-loved songstress and her band, which consists of legendary keyboard player Spooner Oldham on piano, bassist Rick Rosas (part of the reunited Buffalo Springfield), guitarist Kelvin Holly, and drummer Phil Jones.
Her new album 'Bracing For Impact' was released in 2011. With Bracing For Impact, Pegi continues her progression as a singer-songwriter whose work is defined by uncommon grace, affecting warmth, and heartbreaking honesty.
"I don't write happy songs, and the songs I'm attracted to tend to be kind of melancholy," Young has observed. "I don't really know why that is, but that's just how they come to me, and I have to let 'em come on through."
The show starts at 8 p.m. and will also feature local stand-outs The Moore Brothers, who have played for Joanna Newsom and Roy Harper.
Tickets are $15 and available at eventbrite.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Local hip-hop act Secret Agent 23 Skidoo captures ‘Best Children’s Album’
- Denis Peirce: North Yuba River flow is slow, but faring better than other Sierra watersheds
- Early bird discount ends April 18 for Sacramento Music Festival
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Lifelong passion in the kitchen still going strong for Nana’s Bakery