Pegi Young to perform in Nevada City Saturday
July 17, 2014
Singer-Songwriter and wife of Neil Young, Pegi Young is set to take the stage Saturday with her band the Survivors at The Stonehouse.
The well-loved songstress and her band, which consists of legendary keyboard player Spooner Oldham on piano, bassist Rick Rosas (part of the reunited Buffalo Springfield), guitarist Kelvin Holly, and drummer Phil Jones.
Her new album 'Bracing For Impact' was released in 2011. With Bracing For Impact, Pegi continues her progression as a singer-songwriter whose work is defined by uncommon grace, affecting warmth, and heartbreaking honesty.
"I don't write happy songs, and the songs I'm attracted to tend to be kind of melancholy," Young has observed. "I don't really know why that is, but that's just how they come to me, and I have to let 'em come on through."
The show starts at 8 p.m. and will also feature local stand-outs The Moore Brothers, who have played for Joanna Newsom and Roy Harper.
Tickets are $15 and available at eventbrite.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)
- Marijuana grow murder case in Nevada County judge’s hands