Old 5Mile hosts local legends Swampbilly
July 27, 2013
Swampbilly — local legends Bob Woods, Pete Kmeto, and the unmistakable Skip Allen Smith — will perform at the Old 5Mile House 5 p.m. Sunday.
The trio plays a unique blend of Louisiana Zydeco and pure western rockabilly with tightly crafted sounds and affably irreverent vocal composition.
Kmeto has been playing since the 1960s in musical genres ranging from rock, folk, ethnic, funk and jazz to country and Americana. He's been a member of the bands Down Stroke, Missing Pieces and MRQ. On bass, he favors a straightforward melodic/rhythmic style over virtuosity, playing electric upright, acoustic bass guitar and four- and five-string electric bass guitars. Woods is a veteran train conductor, head man of the acclaimed Bob Woods Trio and frequent guest performer with The Earles of Newtown.
Summer Sundays at the 5Mile House feature spit-roasted pork ready to cut and serve at approximately 6 p.m. August's Polynesian menu and the restaurant's year-round offerings also available. No cover. All ages. Full bar.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist was thrown into utility pole, CHP states
- Nevada County home invasion leads to arrests, authorities say
- Homeless man dying of cancer finally gets long-term care in Grass Valley
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist dies after Rough and Ready Highway wreck
- Nevada County prosecutors say review of Hollitz cases could take months, 60-80 cases could be impacted