‘Off Nights’ offers bonus for Sierra Stages fans
November 1, 2012
Sierra Stages has announced a series of three informal play readings at the Off Center Stage in Grass Valley. Entitled "Off Nights at the Off Center," the series includes the plays "The Real Inspector Hound" by Tom Stoppard Tuesday, "The Cripple of Inishmaan" by Martin McDonagh Nov. 7 and "Painting Churches" by Tina Howe Nov. 14. All three play readings begin at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free, but contributions are welcome.
In "The Real Inspector Hound," two mediocre theater critics come to the remote Muldoon Manor to review a murder mystery in which the lines between reality and the stage begin to blur.
"The Cripple of Inishmaan" is an Irish-gothic folktale about an orphan who longs to escape the Aran Islands village where his gossipy, hardhearted neighbors know him as Cripple Billy.
In "Painting Churches," Maggie Church, a successful portrait artist living in New York, comes home to Boston to help her parents pack up their Beacon Hill residence and move to a cottage on Cape Cod.
Tickets will be available at the door, on a first-come, first-served basis for each play reading. Please note that seating at the Off Center Stage is limited. Off Center Stage is at 315 Richardson St., Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death