‘Of Horse’ equestrian-inspired art exhibit to open Friday
June 4, 2014
The artist's reception for "Of Horse," an exhibition of Suzanne Gooch's equestrian and western paintings, will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Szabo Vineyards Tasting Room in Nevada City.
The paintings are inspired by Gooch's Wyoming western roots and photos taken of the shadows cast when hiking with her horse.
"I've was bitten by the horse bug as a girl and I've never recovered. They are magnificent animals, and my intention with these paintings is to show the special relationship that can be had with them. And the show has a few token cowboys to boot," she said.
Gooch lives in Sausalito and her horse and muse, Tanner, lives on Horse Hill in Mill Valley.
"Of Horse" will show from Friday through June 20 at Szabo Vineyards Tasting Room, 316 Broad St., Nevada City.
For more information about the show and Suzanne Gooch's art, visit: http://www.suzannegoochart.com.
For information about the tasting room, go to http://www.szabovineyards.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Rethinking the lawn
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public