‘Of Horse’ equestrian-inspired art exhibit to open Friday
June 4, 2014
The artist's reception for "Of Horse," an exhibition of Suzanne Gooch's equestrian and western paintings, will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Szabo Vineyards Tasting Room in Nevada City.
The paintings are inspired by Gooch's Wyoming western roots and photos taken of the shadows cast when hiking with her horse.
"I've was bitten by the horse bug as a girl and I've never recovered. They are magnificent animals, and my intention with these paintings is to show the special relationship that can be had with them. And the show has a few token cowboys to boot," she said.
Gooch lives in Sausalito and her horse and muse, Tanner, lives on Horse Hill in Mill Valley.
"Of Horse" will show from Friday through June 20 at Szabo Vineyards Tasting Room, 316 Broad St., Nevada City.
For more information about the show and Suzanne Gooch's art, visit: http://www.suzannegoochart.com.
For information about the tasting room, go to http://www.szabovineyards.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Blues Fusion dance welcomes live music Friday night
- ‘Tiny House, Big Living’ show looking for cast members on HGTV
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana