Northern California trio Saffell set to perform in Nevada City
August 27, 2014
Saffell, a trio from Northern California, will perform Sept. 4 at The Stonehouse in Nevada City. The group features singer/songwriter Saffell Sproul on keys and lead vocals, Bill O'Donnell on drums, and Matthew Pasquale on bass. The trio brings together elements of R&B, funk, and blues, all centered around the songwriting skills of pianist and vocalist, Saffell.
Saffell's percussive attack on the piano is a funky approach, bringing hints of a sultry southern groove. This trio is giving the down beat a new name with the piano as the driving force. The full sound coming from this trio defies what you might expect from piano bass and drum. Their style and sound is truly unique.
Saffell will release their debut album this fall. The album was tracked at Prairie Sun Studios in Cotati, engineered by Matt Wright. It was mixed by Andy Zenczak at Gadgetbox Studios in Santa Cruz, and mastered by Roger Seibel at SAE studios, Pheonix. The band has previously released two EP's. Recorded at The Banquet Studio in Sebastopol and at a private home studio in Petaluma.
The band has shared the stage and opened for Charles Neville and Youssoupha Sidibe, Red Wanting Blue, The Pimps of Joytime, Stone Foxes. In the Bay Area, the band has performed at The Boom Boom Room, Hotel Utah, Sweetwater, 19th and Broadway, The Hopmonk Tavern, Aubergine, Yoshi's, Zodiacs, Laguinitas Amphitheater and more.
They are set to take the stage at 7 p.m. Sept. 4 at The Stonehouse, 107 Sacramento St. in Nevada City.
There is a $5 cover. For more information, go to http://stonehousenc.com/.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier