New film set to make world premiere Sunday in Nevada City
February 21, 2013
This Sunday, the world premiere of a new film will take place right here in Nevada City. Featuring Neale Donald Walsh, Bruce Lipton, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Daniel Pinchbeck, Erwin Laslow and local resident Arjuna Ardagh, "Awake in the Dream" follows actor/director Catharina Roland as she embarks on her deeply enriching journey to discover what it means to wake up from the trance of separation.
There have been many films come out in the last years about transforming consciousness: "What the Bleep…", "The Secret…," and many more. "Awake in the Dream" is the first one to focus on awakening rather than changing the content of the mind, and it does so in a beautiful, inspiring and convincing way, according to Ardagh.
"Awake in the Dream" won the Grand Jury prize at the Frankfurt Film Festival recently. It has been screening to sold-out auditoriums in Germany and Austria. Now the film has come to America!
Tickets are $8 for adults and $7 for seniors and kids under 13. For information, visit http://sierracinemas.com/nevada.asp.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Rethinking the lawn
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum