New book “Sucker’s Paradise” features three local poets
October 5, 2012
Six Ft. Swells Press announces the release of "Sucker's Paradise," the new book of After-Hours Poetry by Todd Cirillo. In celebration of the release, there will be a reading at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Iron Door in the Holbrooke Hotel. The event features readings by poets, Julie Valin, Bill Gainer and Cirillo.
Cirillo is the author of five chapbooks of poetry and is co-author of the book, "ROXY." He is a poet, publisher, editor and pirate. He has been a featured reader throughout the United States. You can find him on youtube.com and afterhourspoetry.com.
Julie Valin is a literary harlot, according to Six Ft. Swells.
She is a copy editor, book designer, Poet in the Schools and co-publisher and editor of the Six Ft. Swells Press. Her latest book is "The Distance Between." You can find her at http://www.TheWordBoutique.net.
Gainer is a local poet. He currently edits for the Pen Award-winning R.L. Crow Publications and hosts Poetry With Legs in Sacramento. His latest book is "A Note in the Window." Visit him at billgainer.com.
"Sucker's Paradise" is available on Amazon.com and http://www.afterhourspoetry.com and will also be available at the reading. For information call (530) 277-4379 or http://www.facebook.com/SixFtSwellsPress.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana