Nevada County’s 4th of July celebration to feature USO tribute show
July 4, 2013
This year the Fourth of July Celebration and fireworks at the Nevada County Fairgrounds will feature a USO tribute show.
Gates open at 3 p.m. the Fourth of July for the annual holiday event. Entertainment will begin at 4 p.m. with fireworks blasting off at 9:30 p.m.
The Dean-O- Holics/Rat Pack Events will present the USO tribute show, featuring celebrities of America’s past such as Elvis Presley, Doris Day, Dean Martin and the Andrews Sisters and more. They will entertain crowds with two 90-minute USO tribute/variety shows starting at 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. Before each of those shows, the Tommy Knocker Cloggers and singer/songwriter Ishaan Judd are set to entertain the crowds.
Food, craft and other vendors will be at the fairgrounds, along with activities for the kids. Quest Theaterworks will be on hand with its popular interactive children’s show, “A Faery Hunt: The Missing Faery Light.”
Admission to the fairgrounds is $8 in advance or $10 at the gate. Children 12 and under and anyone with a valid photo military ID are free. Tickets are available the Grass Valley and Nevada City Chambers of Commerce.
Show sponsors include Towers Casino and Lambs Victorian Inn.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location