Nevada County concert band gives free winter show
December 6, 2012
The Nevada County Concert Band presents "Winter Concert" from 2:30 to 4 p.m. Sunday at First Baptist Church, 1866 Ridge Road in Grass Valley. The nonprofit group invites the community to bring family and friends to enjoy an early December performance.
The 60-piece Nevada County Concert will play big band, pop, folk, jazz and seasonal music.
Featured are selections from Handel's "Royal Fireworks Music," music from the Tijuana Brass and several great marches. The jazz ensemble, french horn quartet, the brass ensemble and Blended Metal Saxophones will also perform, and the band will feature guest vocalist Tinley Ireland.
This concert is free, desserts will be shared at intermission, and nonprofit donations are accepted. For information, go to http://www.nccb.org
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier