Nevada County Composers to present a sound, vision film fest
March 28, 2013
Nevada County Composers Cooperative's Sound & Vision Film Festival comes to the Miner's Foundry in Nevada City April 5. This film festival fills a special niche, exploring the fusion of film and music. The festival is made up of short films, 15 minutes or less, including all genres: documentary, animation, experimental, promotional, trailer, vintage and pure "art for its own sake" films.
In addition to highlighting the work of local filmmakers Lou Douros, David Nicholson, Dick Mentzer and Larry Huntington and the work of local composers Jerry Grant, Mark Vance, Mikail Graham, Richard Altenbach and Terrence Huntington, the festival also includes many films from filmmakers/composers and university faculty from all over the west coast. There is even a hint that a short 1908 French film scored by the famous composer, Camille Saint-Saens.
The event is at 7:30 p.m. April 5 at the Miners Foundry. Admission is $15 adults and $10 for students.
Information is available at http://composerscooperative.org or 530-478-0983
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Haunted tours return to Grass Valley, Nevada City in October
- Founders of Tarptent found a world niche with ultra-light backpacking shelters
- Grass Valley haunted house a terrifying labor of love
- Artist Daniel Brooks reception Dec. 13 at Nevada City Winery
- Bierwagen’s annual pumpkin patch brings families back out to the farm