‘Nevada County Christmas’ benefits mentor program
December 21, 2012
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County is the beneficiary of "Nevada County Christmas," a fun, family-friendly concert organized by local community member Dale Peterson. The concert will take place at 2 p.m. Sunday at The Center For the Arts. Featured musical acts include The Strum Bums, The String Sisters, The Ruchrich Family Band, Lou Meyers & Friends, The Dubai Brothers, The Banana Band and a local NEO youth band (TBD).
"We are so pleased that Dale chose us as the beneficiary of this wonderful event that aims to showcase some of our local youth talent and that will be fun for the whole family," said Dena Valin, Big Brothers Big Sisters executive director. "We might even have some of our little brothers and sisters performing on stage with one of the acts!"
Tickets for this event are $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and younger. They can be purchased from The Center for the Arts at the box office or on their website, http://www.thecenterforthearts.com. Or they can be purchased at the Big Brothers Big Sisters office, located at 1721 East Main St., Suite 3 in Grass Valley, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County is a chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, a national nonprofit agency dedicated to creating a volunteer base where every at-risk child and youth who needs and wants a mentor can be matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister. BBBSNC serves children in all of Nevada County including Truckee, as well as the North Lake Tahoe communities of Kings Beach and Tahoe City. For information, please see http://www.bigsofnc.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance