Nevada City Winery wins gold at Pacific Rim competition
May 14, 2013
Nevada City Winery just announced it earned four medals four medals at the recently completed Pacific Rim International Wine Competition. Nevada City Winery earned three Gold Medals and a Best of Class Award for four different varietals.
Thirty nationally recognized wine judges from wine regions as diverse as New York, Virginia, Texas, Washington, Missouri and of course, California, sipped, sniffed and slurped their way through more than 2,000 wines looking for the best in the world.
Nevada City Winery entered four wines in the 2013 competition and was rewarded with medals for all four. The Nevada City Winery 2010 Zinfandel earned a Gold Medal, as well as Best of Its Class honors. Their 2009 Dry Gewurztraminer earned a Bronze Medal while their Italian blend Solaire, and their Bordeaux blend, Celador, both earned Gold Medals.
Historically only wines from the "Pacific Rim" including wines from California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, Australia, New Zealand, Chile and Argentina were invited to participate. But event organizers felt it was no longer fair to exclude the rest of the world from this major competition, primarily "because there is so much good wine is being produced everywhere."
For more about Nevada City Winery, go to http://www.ncwinery.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)