Nevada City Winery earns Best of Class
June 10, 2014
At the recent El Dorado County Wine Competition, the Nevada City Winery's 2012 Dolcetto earned a Double Gold Medal as well as a Best of Class award.
A Double Gold is given when all the judges on the panel individually award the wine a Gold Medal. It's a rare event when the judges unanimously think the wine is great.
The 2012 Dolcetto earned Double Gold and Best of Class designation at the New World International Wine Competition, as well, earlier this spring.
Dolcetto is a red wine grape that originates in northern Italy. There it is well liked for producing very café-friendly red wines that are fruity, with medium-light body and crisp acidity.
When you move Dolcetto to our warm, sun-drenched Sierra Foothills slopes, you get a bigger, bolder, more flavorful wine.
In addition, Nevada City Winery earned Silver Medals for its 2012 Syrah, 2011 Sangiovese and Barbara and 2013 Sonata, a blend of Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. The winery took home Bronze Medals for its 2012 Chardonnay, 2012 Sauvignon Blanc and 2011 Merlot.
The winery is located at 321 Spring St., in Nevada City. http://www.ncwinery.com, 530-265-9463.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later