Nevada City Winery earns Best of Class
June 10, 2014
At the recent El Dorado County Wine Competition, the Nevada City Winery's 2012 Dolcetto earned a Double Gold Medal as well as a Best of Class award.
A Double Gold is given when all the judges on the panel individually award the wine a Gold Medal. It's a rare event when the judges unanimously think the wine is great.
The 2012 Dolcetto earned Double Gold and Best of Class designation at the New World International Wine Competition, as well, earlier this spring.
Dolcetto is a red wine grape that originates in northern Italy. There it is well liked for producing very café-friendly red wines that are fruity, with medium-light body and crisp acidity.
When you move Dolcetto to our warm, sun-drenched Sierra Foothills slopes, you get a bigger, bolder, more flavorful wine.
In addition, Nevada City Winery earned Silver Medals for its 2012 Syrah, 2011 Sangiovese and Barbara and 2013 Sonata, a blend of Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. The winery took home Bronze Medals for its 2012 Chardonnay, 2012 Sauvignon Blanc and 2011 Merlot.
The winery is located at 321 Spring St., in Nevada City. http://www.ncwinery.com, 530-265-9463.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Swan Central: Sacramento Valley rice fields offer best winter waterfowl viewing in state
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom