Nevada City hosts Constitution Day parade
September 5, 2013
The 47th annual Constitution Day Parade tops a full weekend of festivities Saturday and Sunday in Nevada City.
The Constitution Day Parade has been a local tradition since 1967 and is reported to be the oldest and largest Constitution observance in western America.
The 2 p.m. Sunday parade features about 100 entries and caps a number of other activities including Revolutionary War living history and re-enactments in Pioneer Park, the annual Gold Country Duck Race on the rapids of Deer Creek and a free outdoor big band concert featuring the Nevada County Concert Band in the downtown historic district.
Celebrants should plan to arrive about an hour before parade time to get a good vantage point along the parade route.
For information and a complete weekend schedule of events, contact the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, 132 Main St., Nevada City. Call the chamber at 530-265-2692 or see nevadacitychamber.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)