Nevada City gears up for high-energy Mardi Gras parade
February 9, 2013
The Nevada City Chamber of Commerce continues to accept parade entrants for Sunday's Mardi Gras parade before the procession rolls down Broad Street at 2 p.m.
So far, this year's event includes three marching bands, Nevada Union High School, Lyman Gilmore Middle School and the Sacramento Youth Band.
Other entries include Tribal Fusion, Jazzercize, Petting Zoo, the Merry Widows, Relay for Life, the Mardi Gras Fire Department, Parrot Heads of Northern California, Mrs. San Joaquin County, Boozefighters Motorcycle Club, E Clampus Vitus, Dread Pirates of the Sierra Main, and the Nevada County Walkers.
Featured guests include Grand Marshal Jerry Cirino and his wife, Donna; King and Queen Carl "Big Daddy" Spotts and his daughter, Michelle "Kaos" Cherry; and Duke and Duchess Bill and Mary Ann Van Meter.
Chamber executive manager Cathy Whittlesey said it appears this year's parade will be a high-energy event.
For more information or to enter the parade, call the chamber office at 530-265-2692.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council