Nevada City club brings Random Rab to town
December 26, 2013
The Haven Underground will present Random Rab with special guests Kentinuim and Beli3ver beginning at 10 p.m. Saturday. Doors open at 9.
RANDOM RAB offers a powerful and unique contribution to sonic exploration. Often referred to as "The Master of Emotion" his music is patently beautiful and melodic. With diverse influences ranging from trip-hop, classical and Arabic to bass driven compositions, his songs are considered anthemic and timeless. As a multi-instrumentalist and singer, his tracks are organic, uplifting and stand on their own as a distinct genre. Listeners of all types of music can find something they can relate to in this sound. With a dedicated fanbase born from the San Francisco underground, Random Rab has become a Burning Man legend known for his sunrise sets that have now become one of his most sought after performances. He has toured extensively across North America, including tours with Bassnectar, Shpongle, Beats Antique and headlined several festivals across the country.
KENTINUIM, a Bay Area bass connoisseur, promoter, and DJ provides a beautiful cosmic journey utilizing the newest sounds of underground broken beat music. Kentinuim's mixes maintain a sexy, spiritual undertone. The sounds of glitch hop, downtempo, midtempo, world, gypsy whomp and hip hop arise from the watered seeds of time, space and sound. With the intention focused on the expansion of love, and, Kentinuim's sets take you though a number of time suited emotions, while keeping the audience captivated on the dance floor.
BELI3VERS's earliest memory is of the endless plain of a 64 track mixing board. He was in his father's in home recording studio and just barely tall enough to peak over the edge of what he imagined to be some kind of sonic space ship controls. That's pretty much how he still feels. Since then music has been a constant element of life for BELI3VER (aka Robin Tala). Genre classification takes a back seat to the feeling and musicality within his sets and what results is different every time. You can expect anything from sexy future soul hop, to synthy indie dance, soaring sunrise melodies, and global bass bangers, as his track selection mirrors his optimistic outlook on life.
Tickets are $20 in advance at BriarPatch Co-op, $25 at the door.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball