Neighborhood Center of Arts exhibit set to open
February 20, 2014
Neighborhood Center of the Arts will host its latest group exhibition, "Animals and Politicians."
New works in their gallery by assorted NCA artists explore the theme of animals and world leaders in paintings, ceramics and more. The public is invited to view the show beginning Feb. 27 at an artist reception.
This exhibit introduces new artists Danette Rizonelli and Sean Krulisky. Other featured artists in the gallery include Dan Wheeler, Shanna James, Patrick Thomas and Jon Judd. The studio is filled with ceramics, paintings, woodworking, fiber arts, jewelry and digital art by more than 60 local artists who attend NCA.
The reception will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Feb. 27. The show runs through mid-April. Regular gallery hours are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at 200 Litton Dr, Suite 212, Grass Valley.
Neighborhood Center of the Arts is a nonprofit day program for adults with developmental disabilities. They have served Nevada County since 1984.
For more information call 272-2387 or go to http://www.neighborhoodcenterofthearts.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Organic farming going strong with next generation at Bakbraken Acres
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed