Music in the Mountains Messiah Singalong Saturday
December 13, 2012
MIM Messiah Singalong Saturday
Music in the Mountains (MIM) will kick off its Winter Concerts with The Messiah Singalong beginning at 7 p.m. Saturday.
Imagine what it's like to be surrounded by hundreds of voices singing one of the greatest choral pieces ever, according to MIM.
The nonprofit arts organization invites the community to join family, friends and neighbors for a breathtaking musical experience.
Music will be provided so the audience can sing along to the classic work. Choral Director Ryan Murray will direct the community, and Paul Perry (MIM's artistic director emeritus) will play the organ in this holiday concert.
Admission to The Messiah Singalong is based on Christmas Karma — pay what you can. It will begin at 7 p.m. at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St. Grass Valley.
— The Union Staff
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later