‘Mother: Caring for 7 Billion’ to be screened Sunday
June 21, 2013
The film "Mother: Caring for 7 Billion" will be shown at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 South Church St., Grass Valley.
A discussion will follow and refreshments will be served.
The event is free, but donations will be accepted to defray costs.
"Mother" breaks a 40-year taboo by bringing to light an issue that silently fuels our most pressing environmental, humanitarian and social crises — population growth."Mother: Caring for 7 Billion" features world-renown experts and scientists, including biologist Paul Ehrlich, author of "The Population Bomb;" economist Mathis Wackernagel, the creator of the ground-breaking Footprint Network; Malcolm Potts, a pioneer in human reproductive health; and Riane Eisler, author of "The Chalice and the Blade."
The showing is part of a monthly film series, a project of the Green Sanctuary Committee of the Social Action Coordinating Committee of the church.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death