‘Mother: Caring for 7 Billion’ to be screened Sunday
June 21, 2013
The film "Mother: Caring for 7 Billion" will be shown at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 South Church St., Grass Valley.
A discussion will follow and refreshments will be served.
The event is free, but donations will be accepted to defray costs.
"Mother" breaks a 40-year taboo by bringing to light an issue that silently fuels our most pressing environmental, humanitarian and social crises — population growth."Mother: Caring for 7 Billion" features world-renown experts and scientists, including biologist Paul Ehrlich, author of "The Population Bomb;" economist Mathis Wackernagel, the creator of the ground-breaking Footprint Network; Malcolm Potts, a pioneer in human reproductive health; and Riane Eisler, author of "The Chalice and the Blade."
The showing is part of a monthly film series, a project of the Green Sanctuary Committee of the Social Action Coordinating Committee of the church.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip