Model Railroad open to public this weekend
April 25, 2013
Visitors to The Union's 28th annual Home and Garden Show this weekend are in for a treat!
The Nevada County Historical Model Railroad – located on Main Street in the Nevada County fairgrounds – will be open during the two day event.
Admission to the model railroad and the Home and Garden Show is free.
The large "On3" scale model railroad layout depicts operations and scenic highlights of the historic N.C.N.G. railroad, affectionately known as the "Never Come – Never Go."
The Nevada County Narrow Gauge railroad operated for 66 years from 1876 to 1942.
The railroad linked the recently completed transcontinental railroad with the gold rush towns of Grass Valley and Nevada City.
These rapidly growing towns needed the railroad to transport people and material such as mining equipment and lumber to and from the Central Pacific mainline connection at Colfax.
Visitors young and old alike will be able to relive Nevada County railroad history as they see trains operate between the stations of Grass Valley, Nevada City, Colfax and points in between.
Further information may be found at http://www.ncngmodelrailroad.org or call 530-451-NCNG (530-451-6264).
The Home and Garden Show is open to the public Saturday and Sunday. Parking is $5.
For more about the show, go to http://www.theunion.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June