Mesmerhythm brings unique sound to Old 5Mile
May 23, 2013
Mesmerhythm will perform in the Stagecoach Lounge of the Old 5Mile House from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. Featuring Jim Rodney on electric guitar and Arthur Gould on the five-string electric cello, the duo works with simple chordal structures, free-ranging improvisation and surprising instrumental voicing to create a sound that ranges from sweet melodic cello interludes to jazzy groove/electronica.
Jim Rodney is a design engineering artist, product developer and photographer. A self-taught musician, he played lead guitar in several popular rock bands on the East Coast. He currently plays electric guitars that are integrated with some unique electronic effects, one of which is a device called a guitar synthesizer, by which he creates some very un-guitar-like sounds. Arthur Gould is a classically trained musician and artist. He originally studied classical guitar, later taking up classical cello, and eventually acquiring and developing his skills on a unique, custom-built five string electric cello. Gould has also integrated his instrument with a variety of electronic effects to create an amazing range of sounds and tones. Mesmerythm's sound is easier consumed than described, gripping and surprising and full of strange life.
For information, visit http://theold5milehouse.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City