Masters Gardeners to talk Perennials for sun, shade
September 20, 2013
Plan to join the Nevada County Master Gardeners from 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 28, for an informative workshop on Perennials for Sun and Shade. The workshop will be at the Master Gardener Demonstration Garden and NID Annex Building, 1036 W. Main St., Grass Valley,
They will cover some of their favorite perennials. For example, peonies are deer resistant, gorgeous, thrive in full sun and are long-lived. They will also discuss good combinations of perennials for soil and light requirements, good color combinations (think chartreuse and deep Delphinium blue), reasons for planting in the fall, and care of perennials. The audience will also participate in a demonstration on division of perennials.
One or more participants will get to take home one of these divided perennials to plant in their own garden. The group will walk the Demonstration Garden with an eye for some of the perennials mentioned in the workshop and point out others that have worked well for Master Gardeners in Nevada County.
For more information, call the Master Gardener Hotline at 530-273-0919 or visit the website at http://ncmg.ucanr.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws