Master Gardeners’ plant sale next week
May 3, 2014
The Nevada County Master Gardeners will host its Spring Plant Sale from 9 a.m. to noon, May 10, at its Demonstration Garden, 1036 W. Main St,, in Grass Valley.
Plan to arrive early for the best selection.
Vegetable gardeners won't want to miss the opportunity to buy a wide variety of herbs and vegetables grown from seed, right here in Nevada County.
Herbs will include: dill, lemon balm, oregano, parsley, sage, thyme, three varieties of shiso and 10 varieties of basil.
There will be 98 varieties of tomatoes, 15 varieties of eggplant and 44 varieties of peppers.
Other vegetable plants will include: arugula, cucumber, fennel, ground cherries, leeks, melons, squash, and tomatillos. Master gardeners who specialize in growing the various plants will be available to assist you in choosing your plants and answering your questions.
Some ornamental plants propagated by master gardeners will also be available, such as perennials, grasses and succulents.
Due to the drought conditions, most shrubs and native plants will be available in the fall, the optimal time for planting them.
Bring your wagons and your enthusiasm for gardening. Help to support the Master Gardener programs and outreach to the community. Cash or checks accepted.
For more information, call the hotline, 530-273-0919, or visit the website at http://ncmg.ucanr.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County