Marc Broussard to perform Sunday
February 6, 2014
Musican Marc Broussard will bring his contemporary twist on classic R&B and rock and soul to a dance party Sunday at the Center for the Arts in Grass Valley.
In 2003, Broussard appeared on a Bruce Springsteen tribute album, "Light of Day," with the track "Back in Your Arms."
During the fall of that same year, Broussard toured as the opening act for Dave Matthews Band, Maroon 5, and fellow singer/songwriter Gavin DeGraw.
His sophomore album, "Carencro," was named after Broussard's hometown and issued by Island Records in 2004. He made the jump from Island to Atlantic Records four years later with the release of, "Keep Coming Back."
He became a road dog after the album's release, opening for and sharing stages with Maroon 5, the Dave Matthews Band, Willie Nelson, O.A.R., and Bonnie Raitt.
Son of Boogie Kings guitarist and Louisiana Hall of Fame member, Ted Broussard, singer/ songwriter Marc Broussard was destined for a life as a music man.
His upbringing in Lafayette, La., instilled in him an affinity for R&B. Broussard draws vocal and stylistic influence from Otis Redding and Brian McKnight, alongside the gruff vocals of John Hiatt and Dr. John.
Self-described "soulful, bluesy, jazzy, folk rock, singer/ songwriter," Jenn Grinels of Cupertino will open for Marc Broussard Sunday. She was named "2012 Vocalist of the Year" by APCA and "2012 Performer of the Year" by Campus Activities Magazine.
Tickets to the 7:30 p.m. Sunday show are $25 for members of the Center, $28 for the general public and are available at the Center's Box Office in person, by phone at 530-274-8384 ext. 14, online at http://www.thecenterforthearts.org or at BriarPatch Co-op.
For more, go to http://www.thecenterforthearts.org.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance